Property managing agents, asset managers, and estate managers are playing a critical role in the return to the workplace after the COVID-19 pandemic.
They are being charged with making sure working environments are as safe and welcoming as possible, which in the post pandemic environment means hygienic as well as clean.
This is crucial because a study published in the Lancet in April 2021 found SARS-CoV-2 can remain active for up to seven days on smooth surfaces.
Touchpoint Shield™ is designed to play a hugely supportive role in helping estate managers carry out this work in two important ways:
- It continuously acts to reduce risks from potentially harmful microorganisms on high touchpoint areas.
- And it provides reassurance for employees and customers that all is being done to provide spaces that are hygienically clean and safe.
About Touchpoint Shield™
Touchpoint Shield™ is an advanced ceramic coating impregnated with silver ions which are proven to destroy a wide range of bacteria and viruses, including SARS-CoV-2, responsible for COVID-19.
The extremely tough, nearly invisible liquid glass coating is quickly applied by our trained technicians, after which Touchpoint Shield™ instantly gets to work, destroying bacteria, viruses, fungi and mould, greatly reducing a surface’s bioburden.
Touchpoint Shield™ is proven to be a long-lasting barrier against build-up of microorganisms, remaining in place for up to three years.
Laboratory tests show our coating eliminates over 99.9% of bacteria and viruses. These excellent results are backed up by our field trials. These show surfaces coated with Touchpoint Shield™ show a significantly reduced bacterial growth compared with surfaces subjected only to touchpoint cleaning with professional standard detergents.
Property managers – the post-COVID-19 challenge
Property agents and managers face a range of often competing challenges as they support senior executive teams wanting to implement a smooth transition back to the workplace.
- There will be interest in implementing additional antimicrobial measures but, in many cases, there will be resistance to actions that spoil aesthetics of buildings.
- While some workers may welcome tight restrictions, because they are particularly concerned about microorganisms, others may resent measures that restrict access or are perceived as oppressive.
- Many property managers are preparing to introduce more intensive cleaning regimes, as part of COVID-19 security and as visible reassurance for building users. However, the cost of these measures will be heavy in the long-term.
Touchpoint Shield™ – supporting your hygiene strategy
Touchpoint Shield™ provides valuable solutions to these competing issues and will integrate smoothly with standard hygiene protection plans, enhancing their effectiveness and providing important additional advantages.
- Touchpoint Shield™ is a targeted response to a key risk, the presence of potentially harmful bacteria and viruses on high-risk touchpoints, including door handles, push places and handrails.
- It can be easily, quickly and safely installed, providing enhanced protection from the first day it is applied.
- Touchpoint Shield™ is a low maintenance solution and will remain active as long as treated surfaces are regularly cleaning with a pH neutral detergent. No harsh chemicals are needed.
- It supports maximum use of space and access points so can play a part in helping to reduce restrictions in working environments.
- Field results for Touchpoint Shield™ indicate that intensive touchpoint cleaning – for example hourly in high-use areas – is no longer necessary, allowing cleaning resources to be allocated to other important tasks.
Touchpoint Shield™ – maximising trust and reassurance
Another key advantage for property agents and managers is the way it reassures building users that additional action is being taken to protect them from harm.
A survey by the employees forum Blind found 65% of people working in high tech environments were anxious about returning to work.
Touchpoint Shield™ is a practical and powerful way property managers can tackle this concern, improving mental wellbeing and greatly reducing the risk of conflict during the return to work process.
A key element of Touchpoint Shield™’s advantage is the way employees and customers know it is always present, helping to protect them against potential harm every minute of the day or night.
When we apply Touchpoint Shield™ we can also apply installation stickers (also coated), informing staff, visitors and customers that the coating has been applied and it is helping protect them against pathogen risks.
Touchpoint Shield™ – the SafeGroup difference
Touchpoint Shield™ has been developed by SafeGroup, one of the UK’s leading emergency soft FM specialists. We have many years of experience providing high quality services in many different working environments.
As such, estate managers and property agents can be sure that delivery of the Touchpoint Shield™ service will be smooth, safe and professional.
Find out more
If you are managing a business property and are seeking to encourage a smooth, safe and happy return to the workplace, find out more about Touchpoint Shield™ – and how it will help protect and reassure staff and customers alike.
Get in touch today: 0800 668 1268