Continuous protection from hygiene risks
Manufacturers have had some unique challenges to overcome during the COVID-19 pandemic – not least the fact that factory workers cannot be sent home to work.
Many factories have continuous production processes that require key people with specific skills to be present. Special hygiene measures and new working practices have been put in place to support continued production.
As the UK leaves lockdown, manufacturers are looking to move to less costly, long-term hygiene controls to continue to protect against the SARS-CoV-2 virus and address the heightened concern about infection threats generated by the pandemic.
Touchpoint Shield™, a new advanced antimicrobial coating, is designed to help the UK’s manufacturing sector do this. Here are eight important reasons why:
- Touchpoint Shield™ can be easily integrated into standard hygiene strategies.
- It provides proven protection against bacteria and viruses, including SARS-CoV-2.
- It allows intensive touchpoint cleaning to be scaled back, with the potential to significantly reduce costs.
- Its grime-repellent characteristics also make it easier to clean coated surfaces with low-cost pH neutral detergents, an important advantage for the in-house cleaning team.
- Touchpoint Shield™ is highly durable and low maintenance – it is designed to last for at least three years.
- Touchpoint Shield™ provides reassurance for factory employees, supporting their wellbeing and mental health.
- It is quick and easy to install.
- Touchpoint Shield™ will form a key part of long-term pandemic planning and preparedness.
About Touchpoint Shield™
Touchpoint Shield™ is an advanced ‘liquid glass’ ceramic coating. Its active antimicrobial ingredient is silver ions. These are proven to destroy a wide range of bacteria and viruses, including SARS-CoV-2, responsible for COVID-19.
Silver ions also act against fungi and moulds, helping to protect against the harmful effect of these contaminants in humid environments.
The coating is extreme tough. It is also nearly invisible, creating a protective layer on surfaces five microns thick, half the width of a human hair.
Once applied by Touchpoint Shield™ technicians, the silver ions get to work, continuously destroying microorganisms that come into contact with the surface. This greatly reduces the surface’s bioburden. In turn, the risk of transmission of potentially harmful microorganisms is also greatly reduced.
Tested and proved to be effective
Touchpoint Shield™ is proven to provide a long-lasting barrier against build-up of microorganisms.
Laboratory tests show our coating eliminates over 99.9% of bacteria and viruses and that it is non-toxic for humans and does not affect the fire retardancy qualities of materials, like seat fabrics.
These excellent results are backed by our own field trials, carried out in live customer environments.
We have tested surfaces coated with Touchpoint Shield™ and similar surfaces that have been subject only to professional touchpoint cleaning.
These test show Touchpoint Shield™ significantly restricts the regrowth of a range of potentially harmful bacteria. However, bacteria begin to recolonise surfaces that have just been professionally cleaned within minutes.
These results show that applying Touchpoint Shield™ is an effective method for controlling the build-up of microorganisms on high touch surfaces – and that the value of intensive touchpoint cleaning is questionable.
Manufacturing – the post-COVID-19 challenge
Factory managers have been at the forefront of finding ways to continue operations throughout the pandemic. As the pandemic lockdown comes to an end, key challenges will remain and new ones are likely to emerge.
- Production and office staff are likely to have a heightened intolerance to substandard hygiene and cleanliness.
- They will value employers that take additional measures to protect and reassure them.
- There will be pressure to maintain high cleaning and hygiene budgets at a time when finances continue to be stretched.
- The ongoing concerns and welfare of staff must be considered at a time when retention of skilled workers will be crucial.
- Manufacturers will want to put in place measures that support long-term pandemic preparedness.
Touchpoint Shield™ – manufacturing hygiene strategies
Touchpoint Shield™ provides valuable solutions to these challenges. It integrates smoothly with standard hygiene protection plans, enhancing their effectiveness.
- Touchpoint Shield™ is a targeted response to a major hygiene risk – and an additional measure for preventing the spread of bugs that cause lost days illness.
- Intensive touchpoint cleaning can be scaled back, reducing costs or allowing cleaning resources to be reallocated.
- Touchpoint Shield™ protects against all microorganisms, including bugs like Salmonella and Staphylococcus, also major hygiene risks, especially in the food industry.
- Touchpoint Shield™ is a low maintenance solution and will remain active as long as treated surfaces are regularly cleaning with a pH neutral detergent. No harsh, expensive chemicals are needed.
- It can play an important role in maintaining hygiene standards in intensively used spaces, such as factory production areas and offices.
- Touchpoint Shield™ can be easily, quickly and safely installed, providing enhanced protection from the first day it is applied.
- It can form a key element of sustainable long-term plans to respond effectively to future pandemics.
Touchpoint Shield™ – maximising trust and reassurance
All experts agree the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to have permanently raised concern about hygiene standards, to the point that it will affect some people’s wellbeing and mental health.
Employers will want to address these hygiene concerns effectively so they can demonstrate they have addressed their duty of care.
Touchpoint Shield™ is a practical and powerful way for manufacturers to allay ongoing concern about the SARS-CoV-2 virus – which will remain endemic in the UK – and other microbial risks.
A key element of Touchpoint Shield’s advantage is the way factory workers know it is always present, removing threats from bugs every minute of the day and night.
When we apply Touchpoint Shield™ we can also apply installation stickers (also coated), informing staff, visitors and customers that the coating has been applied and it is helping protect them against pathogen risks.
Touchpoint Shield™ – the SafeGroup difference
Touchpoint Shield™ has been developed by SafeGroup, one of the UK’s leading planned and emergency soft FM specialists. We have many years of experience providing high quality reactive and planned cleaning services across the manufacturing sector.
As such, factory managers can be sure that our delivery of the Touchpoint Shield™ service will be smooth, safe and professional.
Find out more
Find out more about Touchpoint Shield™ and how it can:
- Provide critical support for your hygiene strategy.
- Control factory cleaning costs.
- Safeguard and reassure employees.
- Support long-term pandemic preparedness.
Get in touch today: 0800 668 1268